CHANCEL STEP PLAYERS
Over the years, theatre has been a part of the worship experience at St. Michael and All Angels Cathedral—since the fall of 2017 it has become an element of our services.
Some past projects include sketches and monologues during Advent, Lent and Good Friday, and short plays and presentations to mark significant events or to bring attention to important subjects. Some past highlights include:
- ‘The Other Man’s Child’ : the nativity story presented as an allegory in which Mary and Joseph were portrayed as modern-day migrants.
- ‘Giving a Human Face to War’ : commemorated the 100th anniversary of the end of World War 1 through personal stories and photos provided by members of the congregation
- ‘Wounds We Cannot See’ : examined the issue of PTSD in the military and its effect on families.
- ‘Breathe’, June 2020 : a virtual presentation that dealt with the stresses of the pandemic and its intersection with rising issues of racism and violence.
- ‘Reconciliation’ : marked ‘National Truth and Reconciliation Day’; aka ‘Orange Shirt Day’
Contact: Norene Morrow